Tickets $19 – reduced to $17 four weeks or more prior to the event. See a FELLOWSHIP COMMITTEE MEMBER if you want to join us for the Soups Salads and Sandwiches Tour.
On the day of the event, please arrive at the starting point (The Lancaster City Visitor Center, for Saturday morning tours), between 8:30 and 9:45 a.m. (for morning tours) to start the tour. You will receive a Taste the World passport, which includes a map and grants you access to the servings at the participating restaurants. You can plan the order of your stops, allowing a suggested minimum of 75-90 minutes to visit all the locations. At each restaurant, a greeter will welcome you, stamp your Taste the World passport, and give any specific instructions to receive your serving. We encourage you to take a look around, peek at the menu, and soak in the sights and aromas before heading off to the next destination. This is not a “sit-down” progressive meal. Because of limited seating and time, you may eat while standing inside or outside the restaurants, or while walking to your next destination. Feel free to buy drinks and other menu items (either take-out or sit-down, as space and time allow).
Friday, October 13, 2017, 5 to 8 p.m. – Soups, Salads, and Sandwiches
- Arabian Knight – Arabian Salad
- Cocina Mexicana – Chileatole (corn soup with a little bit of jalapeno)
- Culinary Services by Chef Oliver – Butternut Squash Soup; Bacon, Swiss and Onion Jam Sandwiches; and Mixed Greens with pears, nuts, and stone fruits
- Noodle King –Chicken Pho
- Old San Juan Latin Cuisine & Rum Bar – Sancocho (traditional Puerto Rican sausage and corn soup), Seafood Salad (shrimp, crab, and octopus, with peppers and onions), and Jibarito (pork sandwich with fried plantains as the “bread”)
- Souvlaki Boys Grill – Signature Greek Salad
- Upohar-Global Flavors Catering – Indonesian Butternut Squash Soup (butternut squash with kale, simmered in coconut milk, with ginger, lime, and spices)
**NOTE FOR OTTERBEIN PARTICIPANTS: You may walk with your friends from site to site. Those who prefer may ride the BOB KREIDER VAN VAN (in place of a TukTuk) from place to place. The van will also be available for keeping your extra food!